Goalscoring return for Stevenage striker Adam Marriott
- Credit: Archant
Adam Marriott made a goalscoring return to action for Stevenage in the Herts Senior Cup last night (Wednesday).
The 24-year-old striker played the final 25 minutes against Welwyn Garden City and tucked home a free-kick just seconds before the final whistle to complete Boro’s 3-0 victory.
Marriott has struggled with knee problems since the turn of the year and it was his first match action since January when he scored against Shrewsbury Town.
The game at Herns Lane was the first time manager Teddy Sheringham and his assistant Kevin Watson had seen Marriott in competitive action.
Watson said: “We’ve not see a lot of Adam as he’s been injured for a long, long time.
You may also want to watch:
“Since he’s come back into training, the little things he does, the way he receives the ball, the way he lays the ball off, the way he strikes and his finishing in training has been excellent.
“He’s still quite a way from starting, but as an impact player at the moment, on a decent pitch, he can affect a game for us.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
“The quicker he is back to full fitness the better it will be for the club.”