Stevenage sign former Norwich City goalkeeper Billy Johnson
- Credit: PA
Norwich City goalkeeper Billy Johnson is the latest player to join the Alex Revell revolution at Stevenage.
The 20-year-old was with the Carrow Road club for the last two seasons and joined Braintree Town in the National League South on loan in January.
He also played twice for the Canaries U23 team in the EFL Trophy, his last outing in October as they beat Crawley Town 2-1.
Speaking on the Boro website, Johnson said it felt great to join the club and was looking forward to what the future held for him.
And according to his new manager, that could be anything he puts his mind to.
You may also want to watch:
Revell said: “He had a brilliant loan last year at Braintree and he has a real presence for such a young man and a real quality with his distribution and shot stopping.
“He is a fantastic character and knows that he has to come in and work at his best every day to keep improving and earn the right to play.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
“He will be someone that I know will relish that challenge.”