Gnanduillet impressing Stevenage boss Sheringham
- Credit: Archant
While the goalscoring exploits of goalkeeper Jesse Joronen claimed most of the attention following Stevenage’s 2-1 home win over Wycombe Wanderers, it was the display of Boro’s other scorer, Armand Gnanduillet, on Saturday that impressed boss Teddy Sheringham.
French-born Ivorian Gnanduillet is on loan at the Lamex Stadium from Sky Bet League One side Chesterfield and netted with a 60th minute header against the Chairboys.
Of the 6ft 4ins 23-year-old, Sheringham said: “We saw that we needed that type of player [who can hold the ball up] and it makes a massive difference when you’re keeping the ball up the other end of the field, it takes some pressure off the defenders.
“When we looked at getting players in I looked at a lot of his footage, and saw he could score goals like [he did against Wycombe], that’s not a fluke.
“He gets himself in those areas and wants to score in those areas. [We] hope for more like that.”
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham wll be hoping for more from the frontman starting at Fratton Park against Portsmouth on Tuesday night.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket