Glam trio of well-dressed women sought after jewellery is stolen from Letchworth shop
- Credit: Archant
Three glamorous and well-dressed women are being sought by police investigating a distraction jewellery theft in Letchworth.
The women - believed to be aged between 25 and 35 and described as being of ‘Eastern appearance’ - stole a large silver ring with an amber stone valued at around £60 from Jewellery Box in The Arcade, Letchworth on Wednesday afternoon at around 12.30pm.
Owner Miles Singleton told the Comet: “They were very well-dressed and glamorous looking and had expensive designer handbags. They stood out in Letchworth. They looked of Eastern appearance.
“One of them tried on an amber ring before asking our shop assistant to look at something in the window. They then ran out without paying.”
A police spokesman said: “The women are between 5ft 2ins and 5ft 8ins tall.
You may also want to watch:
“One was wearing a blue and grey long coat and a black headscarf with a tan handbag.
“Another had a long dark coat and black scarf and also had a handbag.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
“The final woman was wearing a long black coat, red headscarf and fur handbag.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 quoting crime reference number G2/15/1891.