Give the gift of blood in Stevenage
GIVE the gift of blood at Christmas. That s the message which went out in Stevenage this week. NHS National Blood and Transplant is appealing for new and existing blood donors who live or work in the town to come forward and make a donation. A donor sessi
GIVE the gift of blood at Christmas. That's the message which went out in Stevenage this week.
NHS National Blood and Transplant is appealing for new and existing blood donors who live or work in the town to come forward and make a donation.
A donor session is being held at High Street Methodist Church in Sish Lane, Stevenage on Boxing Day Saturday from 10am to 2.30pm. Just turn up on the day.
Claire Dolling, spokesperson for NHS Blood and Transplant said:
You may also want to watch:
"You never know when you or someone you know will need blood, so we really hope people will think of others by giving the gift of blood this Christmas. Giving blood takes less than an hour and costs nothing, but is priceless to someone who needs it in an emergency.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair