Girls galore line up for tilt at title
PUBLISHED: 11:23 04 May 2006 | UPDATED: 10:06 06 May 2010
NINE girls from around Comet country are in the final of Miss Hertfordshire 2006. The event takes place at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on May 28 and will see the girls, along with 31 others from around the county, competing for the title and a ye
NINE girls from around Comet country are in the final of Miss Hertfordshire 2006.
The event takes place at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on May 28 and will see the girls, along with 31 others from around the county, competing for the title and a year-long modelling contract.
The winner will also represent the county in the Miss England competition in July.
Although not a requisite of the competition, many of the finalists have lined up events which they hope will help them raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a charity which grants wishes to children aged 3 to 17 with life-threatening illnesses.
* Biannca Lake, 23, from Letchworth GC, is hoping to soak up the money when she and her friends take part in a bikini car wash.
* Carolyn Grazette, 23, from Hitchin, is getting people to exercise their purse strings for her sponsored bike ride with children this weekend.
* Lianne Buttle, 18, from Stevenage, will be collecting donations for the charity and is currently looking into a number of possible ways of raising the money.
* Nicholla Gwynne, 17, from Stevenage, will be hoping people fall for the idea of her attempting to try skydiving for the first time.
* Rayna Heller, 21, from Stevenage, will be hoping donors will be running to help her when she takes part at a sports day at Almond Hill School on May 22.
Other finalists from Comet country are Diana Vickers, from Stevenage, Dominique Brooker, from Biggleswade, Estelle Blackwell, from St Ippolyts, and sisters Hayley and Amy Kruse from Stotfold.
As well as the title of Miss Hertfordshire there are two other prizes on offer. The first will be for the finalist who raises the most money for charity and the second will be for the one who has accumulated the most text votes from the public.
For more information about the competition, pictures of all 40 contestants, and the numbers you need to text in your votes, visit www.misshertford shire.com
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Comet. Click the link in the orange box above for details.