Getting New Year revellers home safely in Stevenage tonight
A SPECIAL night bus service to get people home safely in Stevenage from their New Year revels will operate this evening (Thursday). It will run between 11.10pm and 4.10am. The first stop will leave Lytton Way outside the train station at ten past the hour
A SPECIAL night bus service to get people home safely in Stevenage from their New Year revels will operate this evening (Thursday).
It will run between 11.10pm and 4.10am. The first stop will leave Lytton Way outside the train station at ten past the hour and there will be a second pick up outside the White Lion pub in the Old Town High Street before driving to several drop-off points around the town.
Acting Chief Inspector for Stevenage Richard Liversidge said: "We want people visiting pubs and clubs in Stevenage to have fun, but enjoy their night safely.
"The bus service is designed to get party goers home safely, preventing them becoming involved in crime and disorderly behaviour. Last year the service was used by a number of people who may well have walked home because they hadn't pre-planned a lift and I am sure this year will assist more people, and in doing so ensure their safety."
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage licensed taxi services will be available throughout the night located at the leisure park, train station, Danestrete and High Street and trains will run as normal.
Hertfordshire Constabulary reserves the right to refuse entry on the night bus, the drop off points for which are:
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
Julians Road, Fishers Green Road, Clovelly Way, Gunnels Wood Road, Martins Way, Canterbury Way, Pilgrims Way, Gresley Way, Fairlands Way, Mobbsbury Way, Chells Way, Gresley Way, Oaks Cross, Broadwater Crescant, Valley Way, Hydean Way, Shephall Way, Six Hills Way, Colestrete, Bedwell Crescent, Fairlands Way,Verity Way, Vardon Road, Lonsdale Road, Fairlands Way, St.George's Way, then back to the train station.