Getting funny for money in Comic Relief
It’s that time of year when the weird and wonderful gives comic relief to those in need.
From getting piratical to guessing how many red noses fill a car, people across Comet country are doing something funny for money on Friday for Red Nose day.
Sainsbury’s staff at Corey’s Mill, Stevenage will be hosting events throughout the day on a pirate theme, including a treasure hunt, management in the stocks and painting competitions. A pirate ship built by Stevenage scouts will be a focal point. They hope to raise �5,000 on the day.
Hitchin Boys’ School pupils will be in Market Place and The Arcade in the town from 11.30am to 2pm, putting on comedy, drama, circus and musical performances to raise money for good causes.
At Cane and Able Healthcare in Stevenage, owners Chemene Game and her husband will be dressing up as Toy Story characters and collecting cash.
You may also want to watch:
TK Maxx employees have been doing events for a couple of weeks, including two plucky men who had their legs waxed by the public then dressed up as women as well as face painting and general staff fancy dress. Red Nose Day will see the culmination of a guess the bear’s name contest, how many sweets are in the jar and a colouring competition as well as a raffle for a signed Stevenage FC shirt.
In Letchworth The Two Chimneys’ landlord is challenging customers to a sponsored belly-busting burger eating competition.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
And at Ken Brown Motors Stevenage, staff are hoping to raise �1,200 on Saturday when they host a fun day with prizes from The Red Lion pub and charity car wash with the help of Shephall Scouts.
? What have you got lined up for Red Nose Day? Send your photos to the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org