Get your tickets for Richard and Judy’s Letchworth Q&A to discuss his gripping new tome The Night Book
- Credit: Archant
A famous face who made his name on daytime TV show This Morning is heading to Letchworth in his role as a best-selling author next month to discuss his new thriller The Night Book with his other half Judy Finnigan.
Television presenter, columnist and novelist Richard Madeley – along with his wife Judy Finnigan – are coming to Letchworth Free Church on Norton Road South to host a Q&A on his soon-to-be-published thriller, in association with the town’s David’s Bookshop.
From the author of previous bestselling books Some Day I’ll Find You, The Way You Look Tonight and Fathers and Sons comes a novel of dark suspense set in the Lake District where, beneath the inviting water of the lakes, danger and deaths are waiting.
Set in the long hot summer of 1976, people swan in delightfully tropic waters to cool off. But barely three feet below the surface, the temperature remained just a degree or so about freezing – and as the summer blazed on, the drownings began...
Critics are already hailing The Night Book as a pacey and absorbing page turner. Richard said on Twitter: “It’s called The Night Book but not because I wrote a lot of it in the wee small hours.”
Paul Wallace from David’s Bookshop added: “We’re really looking forward to Richard’s Q&A with Judy on Thursday, July 7. It promises to be a great evening.”
Richard was born in Romford in 1956 and began his career in local newspapers before ending up working for ITV’s Granada Reports in the 1980s – with Judy assigned to assist him on his first day.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
The Night Book is published by Simon and Schuster in paperback on Thursday, June 30. Tickets for the event cost £7.99 and include a copy of the book, which is the same price. For more information visit www.davids-bookshops.co.uk.
Young adult novelist Robert Muchamore will be at David’s for a signing of the final book in his Cherub series New Guard on Wednesday at 4pm.
You can reserve a copy in advance for £10.99 or you turn up on the day and pay £12.99.