Get set to take part in sports relief events this weekend
EVENTS to raise money for Sport Relief – an initiative which helps Comic Relief transform the lives of people in the UK and in some of the world s poorest countries – are taking place in Stevenage this weekend. Fairlands Valley Spartans running club is in
EVENTS to raise money for Sport Relief - an initiative which helps Comic Relief transform the lives of people in the UK and in some of the world's poorest countries - are taking place in Stevenage this weekend.
Fairlands Valley Spartans running club is inviting people to run a mile at Ridlins Athletics Track on Saturday.
The event will start at 9.30am and entry to the race is �3 for adults, �2 for children, or �8 for a family ticket (two adults, two children).
There will be prizes for the best and most unusual fancy dress outfit, and most unusual way to cover the mile.
Also on Saturday, staff at B&Q on London Road will be paying �2 to wear something sporty to work.
Stevenage Boro FC's mascot, Boro Bear, will be at the store greeting and having his photo taken with customers.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
On Sunday there will be a hulathon held at John Henry Newman School's sport centre.
Families are invited to drop in, pay �2 per person and use a hula-hoop for an hour between 3pm and 4pm or 4pm and 5pm.
Participants are asked to bring their own hula-hoops if possible.