Get set for the return of the Baldock Beast! Deadline for half marathon sign-ups is on Monday
- Credit: Archant
The Baldock Beast Half Marathon through the North Herts villages and countryside is back for its sixth year – and the deadline for sign-ups is this Monday.
The Beast is next Sunday, February 26, starting from Clothall Common at 10am, and takes the runners up to Sandon and back – taking in Wallington, Roe Green and Redhill.
Organiser Richard Sell said: “Previous runners will know the course is set in beautiful countryside with great scenery. It includes some off road sections through glorious fields and woodland.
“However, it is not called the Beast for nothing – there are also some challenging hilly sections.
“It is also a fantastic community event with many locals coming out to support the runners along the length of the course.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a great race to take part in in its own right, but it could also be part of your training schedule if you’re running a marathon in the spring, like London or Paris.”
Volunteers are also sought to help run the event by giving two or three hours on the day, for example as race marshals.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The race is expected to end by 1pm. For more about volunteering email Richard on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the day or to sign up see baldockbeast.co.uk.