Get set for Heart Foundation’s Knebworth jog
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to take part in the Knebworth Park Run, which is raising money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
Already more than 700 people have signed up for the event – sponsored by the Comet – with participants able to choose between a 5km or 10km run around the historic estate.
People of all ages and abilities are invited to come along to walk, run or jog the course which features some stunning views of Hertfordshire.
Money raised will fund BHF research to fight the battle against coronary heart disease, the UK’s single biggest killer.
Hayley Reynolds, regional event organiser for the BHF, said: “We urgently need the people of Stevenage to support us in our search for the breakthrough that’s so desperately needed.”
You may also want to watch:
To show our support, a six-strong team from the Comet will be running in the event.
Gates will open at 9.30am, on Sunday Febuary 23, a mass warm-up and safety briefing will take place at 10.45am before the start of the Knebworth Park Run at 11am.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
Entry is £12 for adults and £6 for juniors, with groups welcome to apply.
To enter visit www.bhf.org.uk or call 0845 130 8663.