Get real at festival
BEERS from all corners of the UK will be on the menu at this weekend s Hitchin Beer Festival. Real ales from Cornwall, Scotland, East Anglia and even the Isle of Man will be pouring from barrels and filling eager ale-lovers glasses this Friday and Saturd
BEERS from all corners of the UK will be on the menu at this weekend's Hitchin Beer Festival.
Real ales from Cornwall, Scotland, East Anglia and even the Isle of Man will be pouring from barrels and filling eager ale-lovers' glasses this Friday and Saturday.
There will also be some local specialities, such as the dry, malty Dragonslayer from Shefford's Banks and Taylor Brewery, alongside some ciders and European beers.
North Herts CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) and Hitchin Round Table are hosting the event at Hitchin Town Hall between 11am and 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
The festival coincides with St Patrick's Day, so there will also be a host of Irish cask ales for tasting.
If you're a CAMRA member you get in free and for everyone else entry costs £1 before 4pm and £2 thereafter.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
A selection of food will be on sale, as well as souvenir glasses, tombola prizes and other merchandise and a select committee of judges will be tasting ales to find the Champion Beer of East Anglia.