Get real at festival
BEERS from all corners of the UK will be on the menu at this weekend s Hitchin Beer Festival. Real ales from Cornwall, Scotland, East Anglia and even the Isle of Man will be pouring from barrels and filling eager ale-lovers glasses this Friday and Saturd
BEERS from all corners of the UK will be on the menu at this weekend's Hitchin Beer Festival.
Real ales from Cornwall, Scotland, East Anglia and even the Isle of Man will be pouring from barrels and filling eager ale-lovers' glasses this Friday and Saturday.
There will also be some local specialities, such as the dry, malty Dragonslayer from Shefford's Banks and Taylor Brewery, alongside some ciders and European beers.
North Herts CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) and Hitchin Round Table are hosting the event at Hitchin Town Hall between 11am and 11pm.
The festival coincides with St Patrick's Day, so there will also be a host of Irish cask ales for tasting.
If you're a CAMRA member you get in free and for everyone else entry costs £1 before 4pm and £2 thereafter.
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 8 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 9 Man treated for broken jaw following Hitchin assault
- 10 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
A selection of food will be on sale, as well as souvenir glasses, tombola prizes and other merchandise and a select committee of judges will be tasting ales to find the Champion Beer of East Anglia.