Get ready for today’s SCOUTitOUT in Hitchin by noticing neckers!
- Credit: Archant
Mystified by the sight of a scout scarf or two randomly appearing in and around Hitchin shops this week?
Well, stop wondering and get hunting – because scouts in the town have signed up 20 shops and businesses to display their trademark neckerchiefs for a competition called the Hitchin Necker Hunt.
The challenge encourages people to see if they can find the different colours of the garment, and write down the name of the shop where they’ve seen it.
Entries with the highest number of correct answers will be submitted into a prize draw for the chance to win a number of different prizes including an iPad Mini and a 65 litre rucksack.
The fun event is all part of raising awareness of the SCOUTitOUT fortnight, which is now well under way.
You may also want to watch:
The series of events, lasting until Sunday, June 21, offers people a chance to find out more about what scouting has to offer – including a Super Saturday session today in Hitchin’s Market Place.
Sam Hankin, assistant district commissioner for Hitchin Scouts, said: “The competition is a great addition to our SCOUTitOUT fortnight and will be hopefully be fun for any age to try to complete.
- 1 Funeral organiser fined £10,000 after more than 150 people attend
- 2 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 3 Police attend Arlesey funeral after COVID-19 guidelines breached
- 4 Police confirm investigation into alleged Morrisons spitting incident
- 5 Abandoned car that made international headlines set to be scrapped
- 6 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hitchin Pride, Eat Alfresco and more - What's on in Hitchin when COVID-19 restrictions end?
- 9 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 10 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
“Shops have been really helpful in allowing us to hide some neckers in their windows – some are easier to find than others!
“Entry forms can be downloaded from www.hitchinscouts.org or picked up from Market Place during today’s #SCOUTitOUT Super Saturday.”
Between 10am and 4pm there will be free activities on offer including a climbing wall, arrows archery, jamboree Sumo wrestling, a knot competition, make your own crossbow, and a chance to learn some scouting songs – and at 3pm there will be a real campfire, along with campfire songs. Find out more at www.hitchinscouts.org.