Get ready for Project 15’s pop-up contemporary art exhibition in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A group of artists are putting the finishing touches to a pop-up art exhibition in Hitchin.
The collective, known as Project 15, aim to bring contemporary art to everyone with free shows.
Talented group members Anna Fairchild, Nigel Markham, Martin Rigg, Ozturk 1962 and Jenny Souter will be showcasing their work at 16/17 Hermitage Road from Monday until June 14.
Jenny told the Comet: “As individual artists we exhibit in many places, but endeavour to show our work together as a group under Project 15 in Hitchin, whenever the opportunity arises.
“In the past we have also provided workshops. Fortunately we have been able to do this for the last five years, and are sponsored by the Arts Council.”
You may also want to watch:
Jenny’s work is described as punchy and colourful and is heavily influenced by the ‘theatre of her surroundings’.
Her work includes paintings, prints and sculptures in glass archiving information.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
She has recently exhibited twice in Cambridge and last year in Hitchin and at the prestigious Menier Gallery in London.
Ozturk 1962 is a multi medium artist studying a Masters Degree in Fine Art. He explains his art by saying: “My work concentrates processes which expose the formal qualities of materials and form.”
The exhibition is open from 10am to 5pm daily.