Get in the swing with the Syd Lawrence Orchestra
HAVING just been voted Best Big Band in the Land for the 11th consecutive year, The Syd Lawrence Orchestra visits the Gordon Craig Theatre this Sunday, March 1, to perform their dazzling new show. Featuring the music of Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Tommy
HAVING just been voted 'Best Big Band in the Land' for the 11th consecutive year, The Syd Lawrence Orchestra visits the Gordon Craig Theatre this Sunday, March 1, to perform their dazzling new show.
Featuring the music of Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Tommy Dorsey, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, Billy May, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and played for you by performers with a real passion for their music, this show will get you into full swing.
The show starts at 7.45pm and tickets cost �18.
The Loves and Laughs of Henry Blofeld is a two hour show of uncomplicated fun and much leg pulling.
The modern world in which we live also gets some stick from the cricket journalist and broadcaster, and all with a beaming smile. The show is sure to bowl you over and takes place at the Gordon Craig Theatre on Tuesday, March 3, at 7.45pm. Tickets cost �16
In a busy week at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Fascinating Aida visit on Wednesday, March 4.
- 1 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 2 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 3 Sex offender avoids jail 'by skin of his teeth' after Hitchin assault
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 8 Former Stevenage swimmer 'buzzing' to compete in Commonwealth Games
- 9 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
Britain's top female comedy trio return with new songs so join Dillie, Adele and Liza and thrill to the beauty of the harmonies and marvel at the rhymes.
The show starts at 7.45pm and tickets cost �17.50 for adults and �16 for concessions.
ABBA fever will sweep over the Gordon Craig Theatre on Thursday, March 5, as the spectacular two hour ABBA Forever rolls into town.
Regarded as one of the UK's leading international tribute shows, the unique ABBA sound is brought back with incredible attention to detail.
Dynamic non-stop choreography, stunning visuals, top class musicianship and an all-live performance ensures that ABBA Forever captivates the audience from start to finish.
The show starts at 7.45pm and tickets cost �17 for adults and �15.50 for concessions.
l For details and tickets for all the above shows, call the theatre box office on 08700 131030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk