General Election 2017: Statement from North East Hertfordshire Liberal Democrat candidate Nicky Shepard
- Credit: Archant
I am honoured to be selected as the candidate for North East Hertfordshire.
From setting up Cambridge Style Week, a major annual week-long event designed to create a platform for independent businesses, to supporting community projects and forcing changes to a dangerous roundabout, I have a good track record as a community campaigner and a reputation for getting things done.
I ran my own business for 10 years while raising my young family and working in the community, and now work for a housing association, building more homes in the region.
My work has shown me the real challenges our economy faces with Brexit. I know what reality is like for families in North East Hertfordshire, because I face the same challenges every day.
I am passionate about communities and would like to see a world where politicians take more time to really listen and connect with the people in their constituency.
You may also want to watch:
I am committed to ensuring that meaningful consultation is carried out at all levels of government, and that elected representatives are open and available through digital means – as well as being visible in community.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision