General election 2015: Nadine Dorries keeps her Conservative seat in Mid Bedfordshire with big majority
- Credit: Archant
Nadine Dorries has kept her Mid Beds seat for the Conservatives and increased her majority.
The former I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! contestant has extended her majority by 8,175 votes after being backed to the tune of 32,544.
Liberal Democrat Linda Jack – who polled 13,663 in 2010 – dropped to fourth this time around, losing almost 9,000 votes.
Ms Dorris, commenting on her win, said: “It’s a great result and I’m absolutely thrilled.”
NADINE DORRIES, Con - 32,544 (ELECTED)
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Ellis, Green - 2,462
Tim Ireland, Independent - 384
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Linda Jack, Lib Dems - 4,193
Ann Kelly, Official Monster Raving Loony Party - 294
Charlynne Pullen, Labour - 9,217
Nigel Wickens, UKIP - 8,966
Turnout: 74 per cent