Will the real Banksy please stand up?
- Credit: Archant
We all know the long-running speculation over the anonymous street artist, but it turns out that a Banksy has been living in Stevenage for a while.
A 10-month old baby, Banksy Hobson, who was born and raised in Stevenage, has slowly gathered an international following online.
Banksy_2018 is her official Instagram handle, and she already has more than 5,000 followers since the account was set up less than six months ago.
Possibly the only girl with Banksy on her birth certificate, Banksy was born in Lister Hospital and lives in the Shephall area with her parents.
Mum Gem, who is an amateur photographer, remembers the day she and her partner decided the name of their daughter like it was yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
"As artists, Banksy has always been our favourite," She said.
"I was 4 or 5 months pregnant and after a scan, my partner and I just looked up at each other and said Banksy.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 7 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 8 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
"The name just stuck, and looking back she couldn't be called anything else. Everyone always has something to say about her name."
Now with businesses across the UK and America wanting to get in on the act, Banksy has become one of Instagram's youngest microinfluencers.
Gem says the world of Instagram is all new to her and is excited to see what the future can bring for her and her daughter.
You can follow the life of Stevenage's Banksy here.