GCSE Results: Barnwell School
BARNWELL has continued its run of success with a great set of results. The overall pass rate is 48 per cent for grades A to C - a one per cent increase on last year, which adds to the massive rise from 20 per cent four years ago. Headteacher Richard Weste
BARNWELL has continued its run of success with a great set of results.
The overall pass rate is 48 per cent for grades A to C - a one per cent increase on last year, which adds to the massive rise from 20 per cent four years ago.
Headteacher Richard Westergreen-Thorne said: "We have had very big improvements over the last four years and it's down to very hard work. There's no magic potion because, if there was, everyone would be taking it. I think you have to have a willingness to do things differently. We have a mantra: 'If we do things the way we have always done we will get what we have always got. We are extremely pleased with the results."
Ashley Skipp attained an A, three Bs and a C and said: "I have done better than I expected. I'm really pleased and it's a big relief. It took a while to get to sleep last night but I'm going to relax and have lots of fun now. I have already told my parents and they are really happy."
You may also want to watch:
He plans to stay on at the school to study graphics, drama and performing arts. Ashley said he would love to be an actor.
Abbie Cummings was chuffed with two As, eight Bs and a C. She said: "I didn't want to get my hopes up but I'm pleased with that. I'm really proud of my friends too. They have all done really well."
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Abbie intends to study media studies, IT, drama and performing arts at A-level.