Gatsby themed ball raises money for charity in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A GREAT Gatsby-themed charity ball has raised more than £3,500 in support of people with cancer.
The event at Hitchin Priory on Saturday, organised by networking group Enterprising Mums and supported by the Comet, raised £3,800 for Cancer Hair Care – a Stevenage-based charity which supports women suffering from hair loss through cancer treatment.
Kerry Haynes, spokesman for Hitchin-based Enterprising Mums, said: “It was really good. Everybody made a lot of effort to dress in keeping with the 1920s.
“We had games, a talk from Cancer Hair Care, and the Great Gatsby film on silent throughout dinner. Everybody had a great time and it was a brilliant night. The main thing is we raised money for charity, but it was a great atmosphere.”
She added: “We would like to thank people who donated raffle prizes. We had a fantastic amount - about 40 prizes, including a holiday to an apartment in Portugal. People were really generous.”
You may also want to watch:
You can still make a financial donation to the cause by visiting www.justgiving.com/enterprising-mums
For more information about Cancer Hair Care, visit www.cancerhaircare.co.uk
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision