Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- Credit: Garden House Hospice Care
One of Garden House Hospice Care's popular stores hosted its very own fashion show to mark Churchgate Day last week.
Last Saturday marked Hitchin Churchgate and Market Day, showcasing the finest food, live music, markets, and independent local businesses.
Vintage House is Garden House Hospice Care’s specialist retro shop. Located at Churchgate, the shop offers a variety of vintage collectables, old-school games and toys and stunning second-hand garments to suit all styles.
To celebrate Churchgate Day, staff and volunteers took to the red-carpet catwalk, modelling looks from yesteryear.
The manager of Vintage House, Jenni Defalco, said: “The team at Vintage House held a fashion show using clothing and accessories from our store. We wanted to raise awareness of the importance of recycling and reusing clothing to create wearable looks for any occasion.
You may also want to watch:
“In our hospice shops you will find a wide selection of preloved clothing. At Vintage House we have a dedicated vintage shop where you can find gems from all eras, from 1950s prom dresses to 80s power suits, wedding dresses and designer pieces all at affordable prices.
"You can be confident that by purchasing from us that all funds raised will go towards much needed services within our community.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
“The fashion show was put together entirely by our team of volunteers at Vintage House who styled the outfits using items currently in our shop and then took to the red carpet to showcase the latest looks.
"The show was kindly sponsored by the hospice’s latest partner The Car Agents, which provided us with a number of special occasion hats to complete the looks
“We would like to thank everyone in attendance for their support on Saturday and are looking forward to showing off more of our vintage clothing at events later in the year.”
The Car Agents are now working in partnership with Garden House Hospice Care. The local company owned by Simon Michell will be raising money and awareness for the charity though a series of promotions throughout the next two years.
To launch the collaboration, over 50 occasional hats have been donated to Garden House Hospice which can be purchased from Vintage House.