Strictly event thanks hospice for caring for Knebworth’s Hilary
- Credit: Archant
The son of a Knebworth woman who was cared for at home by the Letchworth-based hospice prior to her death has been able to say thank you by raising more than £1,500 through a Strictly Come Dancing event.
The fundraiser – in memory of Hilary Sharp – for Garden House Hospice Care was held at the Broadway Hotel in Letchworth on Saturday, and was met with a large support from local businesses.
Organisers Justine and Mark Sharp from Stevenage said: “We would like to thank the Garden House Hospice for all the care and support they provided to Mark’s mum, Hilary, who sadly passed away last year.
“We were totally overwhelmed by people’s generosity, commitment and energy for the event and would like to thank everyone who attended and supported, and our wonderful judges, dance pro Lou Davidson, TV’s Ricky Grover and comedian Anna Morris. Also thanks goes to all the staff at the Broadway Hotel, Mark the DJ and all our raffle sponsors.
“We also have to give a special thanks to Miles Chapman and Camille Ucan, our comperes for the evening, who dressed up as Tess, Brucie and Claudia, and gave up so much time.
You may also want to watch:
“Our winners were Hayley and Amy from Ambition Dance Academy, who performed a rock ‘n’ roll number.
“We’re delighted to have raised over £1,500 for such a brilliant charity.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket