Gang flee scene after TV and Xbox stolen in Stevenage burglary
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A gang of up to five men fled the scene of a burglary after police officers were alerted to a Stevenage break-in.
Officers were called to a house in Inskip Crescent at about 8.35pm on Monday, shortly after reports of men trying to force their way into a house via the front door.
A TV and an Xbox was stolen in the raid, which involved between three and five men.
One of the men was seen fleeing the scene on foot along nearby Fairlands Way, while another headed to an underpass in Grace Way.
A large police presence were quickly on the scene, but so far the offenders have not been traced and investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting crime reference E1/16/102.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack