Gang attack at Stevenage McDonald’s
Police are appealing for witnesses to a gang attack on a 21-year-old Stevenage man in a busy restaurant.
Officers want to speak to anyone who has information about the assault at McDonald’s in Stevenage town centre at around 5.30pm on Monday when a group of men came in and chased the victim around before beating him.
The man, who had been sitting at a counter near the main entrance, was left cut and bruised. The group left the restaurant after the attack.
Dc Matt Creese, investigating, said: “I would reassure people that we believe this was a targeted assault. The restaurant was busy at the time and I am appealing to anyone who was there and saw the assault to contact me as soon as possible.”
If you can help, call Dc Creese on 0845 3300222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, quoting E1/11/2368.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Stevenage has been arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm. He has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket