GALLERY: Winners of Letchworth calendar competition revealed
THE winners of a photographic competition which will make up a town calendar have been chosen.
Run by Letchworth Garden City Tourist Information Centre and backed by the Comet, Picture This has seen more than 50 amateur photographers submit photos for a Letchworth GC 2013 calendar.
A panel of judges – including Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation photographer Christian Trampenau and Comet reporter Nick Gill – reviewed all the pictures and whittled it down to 13 winning shots.
Heading up the panel was Heather McLaughlin, manager of the Heritage Foundation Local and Tourist Information Centre.
She said: “With over 133 photos from 53 photographers, we had a tough job to pick the winning selection of 13 stunning photographs of the garden city for our 2013 calendar.”
You may also want to watch:
The 13 winners, who will each receive a canvas of their photo, are Steven Chan, Helen Pieri, Raj Sahota, Richard Taylor, Julie Dean, Jamie Sharples, Robert Zmudzki, Warren Price, Ray Cordell, Brian Hollis, Brian Sawford, Graham Dollman and Barbara Searle.
The calendar will be available to buy from the tourist information centre in Station Road by the end of September – to view all the winning images click on the gallery at the top right of the page.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed