GALLERY: Whitwell Steam and Country Fair 2014
- Credit: Archant
A steam and country fair was a big success with visitors as crowds came out to enjoy the weather at the weekend.
The Whitwell Steam and Country Fair was held at Mansells Farm in Codicote with a number attractions for all the family including a funfair, steam engines, a working dog display and log rolling.
The two-day event was raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support, the Comet’s Charity of the Year.
Leo Maguire, chairman of the organising committee, said: “The event went very well, and there were plenty of attractions for the whole family to enjoy. We had more numbers on Sunday than Saturday due to the weather but overall we had very positive comments and vibes from visitors and stallholders.
“We’re always looking to improve year on year, but the event would not be possible without the help of a lot of people so thanks must go to them.”
You may also want to watch:
• For a gallery of pictures click on the link at the top-right of the page.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision