GALLERY: Ugly goings-on fail to mar Letchworth event
THE Face of Letchworth competition was gate-crashed by a couple of trouble makers on Saturday.
The event took an ugly turn when Grizelda and Mona Hardup, the less than attractive sisters of Cinderella, demanded to be entered into the competition despite not having a parent or guardian with them.
The sisters then began berating the other contestants as well as town centre manager Lee Boswell and photographer Paul Winterton.
But an unabashed Lee said: “The event has been an amazing success. We’ve had nearly 200 entrants and everyone has really enjoyed the experience of having some professional shots taken.
“Everyone was subject to the same rules and unfortunately Grizelda and Mona were unable to verify their age. We’ve unfortunately not been able to short-list them on this occasion. Of course they will be more than welcome to try again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Grizelda and Mona are appearing as part of the SPADS production of Cinderella at Plinston hall from December 27 and tickets can be purchased by calling the box office on 01462 672003.
The short-listed entries for the Face of Letchworth competition will be shown on pages 37 to 40 of this week’s paper and the three winners will be announced via The Comet on October 7.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
VOTE: To vote for your favourite please use the links on the right hand side of the page and view the galleries.