GALLERY: Thousands turn out for Hitchin street party
MORE than 1,000 people packed into a sunny Hitchin Market Square on Sunday, to take advantage of a free street party.
The event, which was organised by Hitchin Christian Centre (HCC) to its 30th birthday, was held on Sunday and featured a host of entertainment.
There was live music from local artists James Christie, Don Court, Mash Market and HCC’s choir.
A free barbecue, inflatables, face painting, cake decorating, games and stalls were also on offer throughout the day.
“We were completely overwhelmed by the response to the Party in the Square and the day couldn’t have been better,” said HCC head of communications Paul Windo.
You may also want to watch:
“Great weather, a great turnout and the atmosphere was really buzzing.
“It was a truly great way to celebrate Hitchin Christian Centre’s 30th anniversary and our Christian faith.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
“It was a statement about how HCC is a part of life in Hitchin and as a church community we want to make a difference in the town. We’re so grateful to all who helped make it happen and the many hundreds who turned out on this blistering day.”