GALLERY: Sunshine celebration as Letchworth park officially opened
SOARING temperatures saw thousands flock to Letchworth GC at the weekend to celebrate the official opening of a park.
Howard Park and Gardens was unveiled by North Herts District Council (NHDC) on Saturday following the completion of a �2.7m refurbishment.
The free event included music, games and vintage funfair rides, as well as the chance to cool down in the park’s centrepiece - a 119-metre paddling pool and water feature.
There was also an opportunity to enjoy refreshments from the newly opened kiosk and visit stands explaining the historical importance of the site using residents’ memories of the park.
Cllr Ian Knighton, NHDC’s portfolio holder for leisure, said: “It was great that so many people were able to make it along and join the celebrations. After all the hard work that’s gone into this, it’s so good to see people young and old enjoying the park, and of course the weather helped to make it a really special day for all the family. Our thanks to everyone involved in the project, not least the Heritage and BIG Lottery Funds which helped make this happen.”
You may also want to watch:
For a gallery of photos from the event click on the link at the top right of the page.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?