GALLERY: Snow way! Comet country snow pictures
AS THESE pictures show, people in Comet country have certainly been out making the most of the weather.
Several inches of snow fell over the weekend, and the mercury plunged below freezing with temperatures reaching -7 degrees Celsius in North Herts.
North Herts met observer, Richard Barker, said that 14cm (5.6 inches) of snow had fallen between Saturday night and Sunday morning.
He said: “We don’t often get snow fall to that depth. December 2010 and January 2010 were snowy months but it is a good depth for our area.”
Herts Fire Service reported a busy weekend, and East of England Ambulance Service reported a higher number of calls than usual, with six road traffic collisions in Herts and one in Bedfordshire on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
To view our gallery, and see if your photo has made it, click on the link in the top right-hand corner.
• Do you have a great snow picture which you want to see featured in this gallery? Email email@example.com or submit online at http://hertfordshire.iwitness24.co.uk/
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit