GALLERY: Pirton Summer Fair 2013
- Credit: Archant
A SUMMER fair and airshow saw record attendance, raising thousands of pounds for charities and good causes in the process.
Pirton Summer Fair, which was held on Saturday, welcomed 1,400 people through the doors.
A flying display was one of the highlights and there was also performances, games and stalls at the event in Pirton recreation ground.
Alan Scott, who sits on the organising committee, said: “The day went really well. It’s the best turnout I can remember and the atmosphere was fantastic – largely due to weather, I think.
“We had more stalls this year, good centre ring events, the community games for the kids, which around 100 kids took part in, and of course the flying display.”
You may also want to watch:
About £4,000 was raised for charities and village causes, including the club house and recreation ground, both of which are operated by fair organisers from the sports and social club.
Other village beneficiaries include St Mary’s Church, Pirton School Association, the youth council, Cubs and Pirton Pre-school.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine