Gallery: No complaints from Westley after Moro brace
BORO boss Graham Westley says his side had no complaints about the fiery nature of Saturday s game with Millwall. Boro s 2-1 defeat to the League One side was marred by several late challenges and a couple of altercations between players but Westley said
BORO boss Graham Westley says his side had no complaints about the fiery nature of Saturday's game with Millwall.
Boro's 2-1 defeat to the League One side was marred by several late challenges and a couple of altercations between players but Westley said his team aren't going to complain about being involved in a competitive game.
"It was fiery but we are never going to complain about a competitive spirit being shown," Westley told The Comet. "We're a competitive club, a competitive group of players and a competitive management so no one's going to moan about fiery games.
"There was a bit of fire out there. Their lads are winning players - that's why they're at the top end of the league they're in, so you'd expect there to be some ferocity and there was certainly some competition out there."
You may also want to watch:
Former Boro favourite Steve Morison was in good form in front of goal and Westley praised the performance of his former marksman.
"I think you would anticipate that Steve would like to come back and hit the back of the net. It's a ground he knows well and never a surprise to see a good goalscorer post goals. He scored goals against our boys on the training ground last year and I thought he played very well.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go