GALLERY: Letchworth festival relives the ‘70s and ‘80s
VISITORS to a festival had the chance to relive the 1970s and ‘80s at the weekend in a celebration of the two decades.
Letchworth Arts Centre hosted Now! That’s What I Call A Recession in Broadway Gardens on Saturday and Sunday.
Bands played live on the main stage on both days while the public could have a go at skateboarding or race on a giant Scalextric circuit.
There was also a fashion show to enjoy as well as exhibitions by the National Computing Museum and the Garden City Heritage Museum, with pictures and artefacts from 1970s Letchworth GC.
“It was touch and go on Saturday morning as it was a bit foggy but it went really well and we’ve had some fantastic feedback from lots of people saying they really enjoyed it,” said Letchworth Arts Centre chief executive Marie Iredale.
You may also want to watch:
“The skateboarders came from Nottingham and said they want to come back to Letchworth as they got a really warm welcome, while people came in with their own Scalextric sets and had a go.
“We had some great crowds for some of the bands and on Sunday the projections of 1970s Letcwchworth pulled people in throughout the evening.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
To view more pictures click on our gallery at the top right of the page. visit www.thecomet24.co.uk