GALLERY: Letchworth festival relives the ‘70s and ‘80s
VISITORS to a festival had the chance to relive the 1970s and ‘80s at the weekend in a celebration of the two decades.
Letchworth Arts Centre hosted Now! That’s What I Call A Recession in Broadway Gardens on Saturday and Sunday.
Bands played live on the main stage on both days while the public could have a go at skateboarding or race on a giant Scalextric circuit.
There was also a fashion show to enjoy as well as exhibitions by the National Computing Museum and the Garden City Heritage Museum, with pictures and artefacts from 1970s Letchworth GC.
“It was touch and go on Saturday morning as it was a bit foggy but it went really well and we’ve had some fantastic feedback from lots of people saying they really enjoyed it,” said Letchworth Arts Centre chief executive Marie Iredale.
“The skateboarders came from Nottingham and said they want to come back to Letchworth as they got a really warm welcome, while people came in with their own Scalextric sets and had a go.
“We had some great crowds for some of the bands and on Sunday the projections of 1970s Letcwchworth pulled people in throughout the evening.”
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 5 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 6 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 7 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 8 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 9 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 10 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
To view more pictures click on our gallery at the top right of the page. visit www.thecomet24.co.uk