GALLERY: Let’s hear it for volunteers at Stotfold Working Steam Weekend
- Credit: Archant
The success of the Stotfold Working Steam Weekend was down to the volunteers, according to one of the organisers behind this year’s event.
Stotfold Watermill and Nature Reserve’s autumn showcase took place at the weekend with one of the largest steam collections in Europe going on display.
As well as the ‘extremely rare’ Saunders Steam Collection, there was a beer and cider festival with a tent packed full of punters sampling local guest ales and free live music from the Steve Winkett Organisation on Friday evening and Not Tonight Josephine on Saturday night.
Stotfold Mill volunteer co-ordinator Pam Manfield said: “The weekend went very well and I want to thank all of the volunteers who made this event such a success. We could not run this without them and we do appreciate the time and effort they donate to us.
“I would especially like to thank Roger Watson, our database manager, who does such an amazing job of creating the work rotas, to ensure all tasks are covered.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also great to have such positive comments from our visitors. One man made a special effort to come to the Millers Wheel tent to say how impressed he was by the mill, how friendly the volunteers were and how professional the organisation was.”
There were stalls providing food, craft items and games throughout the weekend, and a 40-bird clay pigeon shoot in Mill Lane on Sunday.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine