GALLERY: Kimpton village celebrates 50th May festival
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people turned out to mark the 50th Kimpton May Festival held over the bank holiday weekend.
The four-day event kicked off on Friday with an art show at the Church of St Peter and and St Paul, as well as an English wine tasting event hosted by Mark Buckenham from Stevenage-based The Wine Society.
Crowds of people lined Kimpton High Street for the grand procession of themed floats on Saturday.
The procession was fronted by a Brazilian Samba band and dancers, who led the crowds to the main arena at Kimpton Recreation Ground where there were performances from Titan the Robot and The English School of Falconry, and many other acts.
Further entertainment and activities were held on Sunday including Kimpton Music Night, before the festival came to a close on Monday with a grand auction and draw on the village green.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Graham Archer said: “As promised it was wall-to-wall family fun all weekend at the Kimpton May Festival. Early indications are the funds raised will be in excess of £25,000 with proceeds being split three ways between the church restoration fund, Kimpton Memorial Hall and other community projects and worthy causes.”
• Click the link at the top-right of the page for a gallery of pictures from the festival.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go