GALLERY: Jungle mania in Stevenage
JUNGLE mania swept through a town centre at the weekend as part of a fundraiser for The Comet’s Charity of the Year.
Organised by Stevenage Town Centre Management, Saturday’s Stevenage Summer Safari 2 saw hundreds of visitors to the town square get up close with exotic creatures including a giant yellow python, a Rose Chinchilla tarantula and meerkats.
The event, which raised �432 for Stevenage-based addiction and therapy support group The Living Room, follows a similar fundraiser in July which has hit by bad weather.
Bush tucker trials were also held on the day with those who successfully fished for stars amongst green goo and spiders within the allotted one minute entered into a free prize draw to win a family ticket to see this year’s Christmas panto at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
Frankie Faulkner was picked out as the winner, and will be off to see Beauty and the Beast.
You may also want to watch:
“We were delighted that the weather was kind to us this time, having experienced torrential rain for the summer safari in July,” said town centre manager Tracey Parry.
“It made such a difference. The town centre was packed with people, enjoying the face painting, music and free sweets and balloons.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
For more photos click on the link at the top right of the page.