GALLERY: ‘It’s more gory than ever’ – Stevenage Halloween fan creates Saw-inspired display
- Credit: Archant
A Halloween fan who has been spooking his Stevenage neighbours since 2010 has said this year’s gruesome display will be the last at his current home.
James Creighton has been making his house in Grove Road haunted for the past four years to raise money for Cancer Research UK, after his nan Betty died from the disease in 2009.
Last year’s effort – based on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre – attracted attention across the world after the 26-year-old was told by police to ‘tone down’ his display due to a parent’s complaint, but James told the Comet that this has only spurred him on.
The Saw films have provided the inspiration this time around, with James making some of the decorations – which include a Jigsaw puppet – himself.
“It’s more gory than ever,” said James, who is the bar manager for Venue in Stevenage High Street.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve gone further than before but I’m not worried about what people might say. I’m just trying to beat last year’s total.”
James, who also decorates his house for Christmas, has raised about £5,000 for CRUK from his Halloween fundraisers – with £2,500 donated last time around.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
But he is calling on the public to help him go out on a high on what will be his last display at Grove Road before he plans to move home.
To back the cause click on the link at the top right of the page or make a donation at James’ house, situated just behind Stevenage High Street.
• Are you doing something for Halloween? Email pictures and information to email@example.com.