GALLERY: Hollywood film stars descend on Letchworth for The World’s End
VISITORS to a town centre may be forgiven for confusing it with Hollywood after famous stars turned up for filming
Actors Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine were spotted in Letchworth GC town centre for the first time as scenes were shot for The World’s End.
The movie centres on an epic pub crawl and a number of pubs – including The Three Magnets and The Colonnade – have been renamed during filming today (Wednesday) and yesterday (Tuesday).
The film stars have created quite a buzz in the town, with many taking to social networking website Twitter after spotting Pegg, who starred in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
The World’s End is to be the final film in the so-called Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, and again sees Pegg team up with comedy sidekick Frost and director Edgar Wright.
You may also want to watch:
The bulk of the filming will now take place bulk over a three-week period in November, ahead of a scheduled release in August 2013.
For a gallery of photos click on the link at the top right of the page.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years