GALLERY: Hitchin Food and Wine Festival
FOODIES were treated to a range of culinary delights at a festival on Saturday.
The Hitchin Food and Wine Festival drew in the crowds, despite the heavy rain.
The event, organised by the Rotary Club of Hitchin Tilehouse and sponsored by the Comet, featured food stalls, cookery demonstrations and children’s activities in Market Place.
Denise Amoss, chairman of the food festival committee, said: “Despite the weather, it was a great success.
“We had a great response from the public with all the cooking demonstrations. Market Place was busy, even when the rain started.
You may also want to watch:
“People we spoke to said they’d come again, so we can build on that.”
It wasn’t just food that was on offer, either, with the Sun Hotel in Sun Street accommodating wine stalls and wine tasting.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
“The wine event had over 250 visitors and the suppliers were really happy with their sales,” added Denise.
“We’d like to say thank you to all the public, they were absolutely fantastic. We are very grateful that people responded so well.”
The rotary club expects to raise �5,000 from the event to go to local and international charities.
• The first Hitchin Street Food Monthly will be held on December 1, by the riverside steps opposite St Mary’s Church. It will be held on the first Saturday of each month thereafter.
As well as a range of food served by local businesses, there will be a licensed bar and live acoustic music. For updates, follow @HitchinStFood on Twitter.