GALLERY: Hitchin Fashion Week welcomes the catwalk
HITCHIN’S Market Place looked completely different on Saturday, as the town welcomed the launch of its fashion week with a catwalk show.
Models strutted their stuff down the open air catwalk showcasing the latest collections from 14 local independent shops in two afternoon shows.
Swimwear, evening dresses, casual clothes, wedding gowns and lingerie were just some of the looks put together.
The shops taking part included Apparel Fashion, Frocks and Frippery, Hawkins of Hitchin, Hazel Walker and Daughter, Jolly Brown, Rosita Lollipop, Rubarb, The White Wardrobe, Venus Lingerie and What Sarah did.
“We thought it was brilliant, and it filled the Market Place,” said town centre manager Keith Hoskins.
You may also want to watch:
“We were fortunate that the rain kept away and we had nice weather for the open air catwalk show.
“The shops organised it themselves and we offered them support with it. We were pleased to help.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“It was a really busy day and the shops have said they’ve had great feedback. We hope this event will become firmly established now in the Hitchin calendar.”
The event was also marked with a raffle giving away a host of top prizes including a spa day at Champneys, digital cameras, and shop vouchers.
It continues until Saturday, with the shops offering in-store discounts of up to 25 per cent.
* Click on the link in the top right hand corner to view our gallery.