GALLERY: Hitchin Beer Festival 2013
- Credit: Archant
A BEER festival’s move to a new venue has been hailed “amazing”, with organisers already saying they want to hold the event again next year.
Hundreds of people were at Hitchin Rugby Club for Hitchin Beer Festival at the weekend.
It was the first time it was held at the Old Hale Way sports club, having made the move from its former home at the town hall.
Festival-goers managed to drink most of the beer and cider on offer over Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with just four casks left at the end.
Festival organiser Jon Kirby said: “There was a lot of queuing to get in, it was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“It didn’t rain all weekend; it was perfect. A great success.”
And on the possibility of holding it again next year, he added: “We have got the enthusiasm to do it. We would have to look at the logistics and there is a lot of preparation to sort out, but I don’t see why not.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The festival, which was organised jointly by CAMRA North Herts, Hitchin Round Table and the rugby club, was opened by the Comet, which supported the event.
There was food from NowNow Food Company and Hitchin-based chef Martin Burke, as well a barbecue, food stalls and tombola.
And Rob Scahill, landlord at The Orange Tree, Baldock, was presented with his North Herts pub of the year award on Friday evening.
Click on the link in the top right-hand corner to view a gallery of pictures, and keep checking back through the day as more are added. You can also send your pictures from the event to email@example.com or tweet @laura_burge