GALLERY: Hitchin and Baldock celebrate pancake day
- Credit: Archant
Business owners, staff and members of the public came out to take part in pancake races in Baldock and Hitchin today (Tuesday).
Six businesses lined up to take on the pancake flipping and running challenge on Baldock High Street at 11am, in an event sponsored by Tapps Garden Centre in Wallington Road.
Last year’s champions CHQ Partnership successfully defended their crown with Liam O’Riordan, Ben Smith, Matt Smith and Craig Humber battering the competition in the short relay.
The 16th annual Hitchin pancake races kicked off in High Street at 11.30am with three race categories – mens, womens and fancy dress.
Among the contenders were Annette Clynes and Dale Jenkins, who ran on behalf of Hitchin Markets, and won the prize for best fancy dress.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the day, organised by Hitchin Rotary clubs, will be donated to the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC.
Click on the top right hand corner for a gallery of pictures.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour