Gallery gift is a Father’s Day fillip for Hitchin’s happy Geoff
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin dad has had a very special Father’s Day treat – a picture of his daughter and him displayed in a globally-renowned gallery.
Beth Clarke took a picture of her husband Geoff, 43, and their three year-old-daughter Natasha which has been displayed in London’s prestigious National Portrait Gallery after seeing off more than 2,000 entries nationwide.
The photograph, called ‘Daddy Loves the Silliness’, was chosen as one of 12 winners in a competition run by online photo printing company Photobox.
After hearing the good news, the couple were invited to a private drinks reception at the gallery along with stylist Grace Woodward, who also lives in Hitchin.
Beth, 35, said: “We were playing in Benslow Field, and I took a spontaneous snap of Geoff and Natasha playing together.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s such a lovely photo as it shows what Geoff does best with our children – lying around and enjoying the silly stuff together.
“I didn’t think too much about it until I saw the Photobox competition and decided on a whim to enter.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
“Geoff and I were amazed, as was Natasha and our five year-old-son Noah, who attends St Andrews Primary School, when we heard. The only reason Noah wasn’t in the picture was because he was running up and down the hill at the time.
“To have the picture in the gallery was unbelievable. Photobox were great too as they put us up in a five-star hotel.
“Geoff said it was the perfect Father’s Day present – it’ll be hard for me to top !”
Natasha added: “I’m so proud of my daddy.”
Grace, who owns clothing store Graceland in Sun Street, also had her picture displayed as Photobox’s celebrity guest, She said: “I’m still in disbelief an iPhone picture I took can hang in the gallery.”