GALLERY: Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North garden party
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 200 invited guests joined the chairman of North Herts District Council and her husband at their home for a garden party in aid of Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North, the Comet’s Charity of the Year.
Councillor Jane Gray and her husband, Edward, hosted the fundraising event at their home in Ayot St Lawrence, Welwyn, after she adopted Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North as her Charity of the Year.
During the afternoon, guests, including dignitaries from around Hertfordshire, enjoyed tea, champagne and live music.
The event on Saturday was supported by various sponsors, donations, dedicated volunteers and a team from the charity.
More than 30 raffle prizes were donated, which added to the fundraising effort.
You may also want to watch:
Highlights of the day included cupcake sales and live music from young musicians including Roxy Searle and the St Christopher School senior jazz band.
Entertainment included a games area with croquet, tennis, badminton and Jenga.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
A team of more than 20 volunteers, many of them carers or former carers themselves, worked behind the scenes to help make the afternoon a huge success.
Cllr Gray said: “I am delighted to support Crossroads Care, an enormously worthy charity providing respite breaks for carers and supporting them in many other ways.
“Thanks to generous support from sponsorship, donations and our invited guests, the fundraising garden party proved to be a great success. I extend my sincere personal thanks to all involved.”
To find out more about the services provided by Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 455578.