GALLERY: Comet country Movember efforts
MEN will be shaving off their moustaches tomorrow (Thursday), as the start of the new month also marks the end of Movember.
As these pictures show, the charity campaign in which men grow moustaches throughout November has really sprouted in Comet country.
The sponsorship money that the aspiring Charlie Chaplins, Tom Sellecks and Burt Reynolds raise will go to prostate cancer and other male cancer charities.
Staff at Kingshott School had a ‘shave-off’ in front of pupils yesterday morning, who also got into the spirit by donning false moustaches. All money raised by the school will go to The Prostate Cancer Charity.
Stevenage’s SEC Group’s grew their own ‘taches, raising to date nearly �1,200 between them.
Staff at The Comet also got involved, with sales employees Steven Bowers, Jack Waites and Alex Wallace raising nearly �300 for charity.
Arriva bus drivers Dean Parry, Keith Bulman, Gary Court and Andy McEwan, who work at the Norton Green Depot, have called themselves ‘Tash Team Arriva’. The group have so far raised nearly �200.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
Emergency services in Comet country have been doing their bit too, with Stevenage Police Station and Hitchin Fire Station employees both ditching the razor.
Lister Hospital’s pharmacy department also got involved in the campaign, with 18 employees and friends raising �2,400 to date.