Gallery: Christmas festivities in Baldock
CHRISTMAS festivities are well under way in Baldock as the town hosted a weekend of seasonal fun.
With an ice rink sponsored by The Comet, live music, fair rides and a festive market to enjoy, the High Street was lit up for Christmas and attracted a constant flow of visitors on both Saturday and Sunday,
Among the highlights were the Baldock Catholic Church Choir who sung Christmas carols and Letchworth GC-based band Mr Speaker, who played Yule Tide classics on Sunday.
Murray Fastier, Baldock’s town centre manager, said: “It was full of people for both days.
“For all concerned it was an excellent weekend - everyone seemed to have a great time.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we did it for one day but because of the success of that we did it over a weekend this time.
“It went great so now every year the first weekend of December will be Baldock’s Christmas weekend.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
For a gallery of photos from the festive fun click on the link at the top right of the page.