GALLERY: CCTV ‘calendar of crime’ to tackle persistent theft at Stevenage Tesco store
- Credit: Archant
Shoplifters have been targeting a Stevenage Tesco store stealing everything from beer to toilet roll.
And now 14 images from the shop’s security system were released yesterday, covering incidents recorded almost every month of the year, by police investigating thefts from the Tesco Express store in Mobbsbury Way.
Items stolen between January and September include sandwiches and toiletries, which in some cases have been scanned in at self-service tills but not paid for.
One thief walked into the store, picked up two cases of beer and walked straight out again.
The store has a security guard stationed by the tills and have banned more than two students entering the shop at a time.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Manjit Khela from the Stevenage Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “Shoplifting is an ongoing issue in Stevenage and we have been working hard with partners and retailers to clamp down on this type of crime.
“We are keen to identify the people in the photographs as we believe they may have information which could help our enquiries.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
Anyone with information should contact police on non-emergency number 101.