Gallery: Cameras roll in Letchworth for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film
THE cameras were rolling in Letchworth GC on Monday for a new film starring Hollywood actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
The duo did not appear on set but director Edgar Wright was calling the shots for The World’s End, a feature film which follows hit movies Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
The production team filmed in several locations throughout the day including Leys Avenue, Broadway and Meadow Way.
The World’s End centres on five childhood friends who reunite for an epic pub crawl and one scene saw five actors – with two possibly playing younger versions of Mr Pegg and Mr Frost – striding down Broadway.
The two Hollywood stars did make an appearance in Welwyn Garden City though, where a preshoot was held last Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of the filming is due to take place in both garden cities between November and December, ahead of a release date by Universal Pictures in 2013.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket