GALLERY: Big appetite for Letchworth Food and Garden Festival
“MASSIVE crowds” visited a food and garden festival at the weekend which could be even bigger next year, according to organisers.
The Letchworth Food and Garden Festival took place in the town centre on Saturday and Sunday, with the chance to sample more than 60 stalls.
There was also chefs showing off their cooking skills at two demonstration kitchens for the event, which follows a similar festival in 2010.
“Despite the chilly weather, the appetite for the food and garden festival wasn’t diminished and we’ve seen massive crowds again come out for this tasty event,” said town centre manager Lee Boswell.
“The stallholders had a very successful two days and there were some who took 15 times what they had to pay to be there on the first day. The chefs went down an absolute storm, and a special mention to Alex Coxon for stepping in at the last minute. The biggest thanks has to go to North Herts College Student Crew who were great and to all the sponsors who made it possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re now thinking we want to make it even bigger. We think there’s an opportunity to do something regionally significant, not just local, and we’re looking to get things together sooner rather than later.”
For a gallery of photos from the festival click on the link at the top right of the page.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision